Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Back to the 60's!

This fabric I designed reminds me of childhood. I think I had a pair of shorts similar 
to this material when I was about 10. Come to think of it, that was the last time 
I ever wore shorts! No shorts for this body anymore, I'll sew up a tote bag or a cosmetic bag 
or better still, an eye glass case because the eye sight is blurry now or a small pouch to store our pills for sore knees, lower back aches, tummy attacks or whatever ailment that hits us after 50. Or maybe I'll revert back to childhood and make a pair of shorts. 
I think 10 yards should be enough. 


www.spoonflower.com/profiles/donnamarie



4 comments:

  1. Maybe you could make the wedding dress for the 800lb bride. No joke. Check it out on the Huffington Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the material - think I sewed something in 9th grade using that type of "flower power"! The post is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that material!! I think I had a dress made out of something similar...with matching headband!! Visual: Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that design; would love to see it on the 800lb bride. Make a lot of the pill pouches, we can all relate to that.

    ReplyDelete