Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It's never too late to find your path . . .

Well - I'm in.  Hi, my name is Margery Long and I'm so jazzed about being a part of this wonderful group of women.  They are a group of friends who are also a group of mentors, advisors, confidantes and people who will laugh with me - but know when to laugh at me (in a good way).  I have had hopes and dreams throughout my life, but now I am enjoying this process of actually mapping out some of these goals and discovering a tangible process for realizing some of the things I want to accomplish in life (thanks SOB - you're the bomb!).  Some may think that it's a little late to have this "aha" moment, but I've always been a bit of a "late bloomer." I now know it's never too late - and here in my mid-fifties I'm stepping out to a new beginning.

One of my initial goals is to start developing my Reiki practice and one day I hope to be a full-time, dedicated Reiki practitioner.  Reiki is an amazing energy healing method that has helped me enormously and I hope to share it with and extend it to others on behalf of the Divine. I currently hold a Level Two Reiki certification and in 2013 plan to receive my Third Degree/Master Level Reiki certification.

Another goal I hope to accomplish this year (2012) is to participate in the Jimmy Fund Walk on September 9, 2012.  This goal is two-fold:  First, I will get the opportunity to be part of an important fundraiser to help in the fight against cancer - especially in children.  Second, I have always wanted to walk the Boston Marathon route - 26.2 miles.  As this route is one of the Jimmy Fund Walk routes, I'll be able to accomplish both goals in one day - and know that I'm helping others on the way.  I will begin training shortly.

Learning Italian is also on the list . . . I'll write more about that another day.  A couple of us are on this track as part of the group has a trip to Italy planned for 2014.

So, Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment